Just A Simple Blog Documenting Our Lovely, Little, Love Adventures

J + M


Jesse and Morgan McArthur


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Celebrations

Our Christmas celebrations have been minimal (school = the grinch), but we have managed to sneak in a few things.

Two Saturdays ago we went to see Arthur Christmas, got Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate and walked around the Palos Verdes mall with all the Christmas decorations out and an adorable middle school orchestra playing Christmas music. The next day, Sunday, we had a Christmas dinner with one of my very favorite people, my mom's friend, Aunt Rynna. She cooked a lovely meal and afterward we went down to see the beach where our reception was held. It was the first time we'd been back down to that beach and it was crazy to think how quickly time flies by. It doesn't feel like it's been 16 months!

What's more Christmas-y than standing in a long line for a toy and fighting others to get in the door first to score the best one? On Friday, my mom and I got up early to stand in line at Tuesday Morning to score Max, Ava and Charlie's Christmas present: a massive blow-up slide they can use for their pool! Color me jealous.





Best of all, Jesse and I made it to Disneyland last Friday to see the beautiful Christmas tree all lit up and the wonderful decorations. I'm hoping we make it this Thursday (last day our passes are good before Christmas) so that we can see the Christmas Parade and "snow", too. Then on Sunday we had a massive feast accompanied by our annual tradition of watching Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation. !

As soon as finals are over (on Friday! Hip hip hooray!) I am so excited to start celebrating Christmas properly! Christmas lights viewing, ice skating, hot chocolate, and all the corny Christmas movies our eyes can handle...so excited!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! Yay. Now I can stay updated on your lives:) and I am for sure talking to Jesse about how to get out of that ticket. Lance actually talked to a friend who was telling him about the same thing. Let's just hope that it works!!! I'm excited to see you guys at Christmas:) One week!!!

    ReplyDelete